A Singaporean life unravels...
If you've got a Uniquely Singaporean story you want to share,
I want to blog about it.
Leave me a comment and I'll work to put it up here.
Of course, I will gladly credit your name VERY PROMINENTLY.

04 April 2006

"Ice" Branding

Just returned from lunchtime at Raffles Place.
Had Don's Pie. Good Stuff. Two Thumbs Up.
Then I popped over to Ya Kun for a kopi peng (iced coffee).

"How much?"
"$1.20!"
"?!"

Strange. I remember Ya Kun everywhere else charges $1.80 for kopi peng, but this "flagship" stall charges just 10 cents for the ice. Reminds me of the Ang Moh's story at a food court from my lecturer...

"How much is an iced coffee?"
"$1.80."
"What? How much is a hot coffee then?"
"90 cents."
"You mean the 'ice' cost 90 cents?"
"..."

From now on, I shall prefix an 'ice' on anything that I might want to sell.
That way, I can charge more for the product or service.
"Ice" <whatever>
Got a ring to it, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home